Friday, September 23, 2016

Feel Good Friday! Birthday Edition

Happy Friday, Peeps!  It's my birthday, so it's automatically a good day!

Birthdays are fun.  I try to make a big deal about them, because it's "YOUR" day.  Everything should be great your birthday and you should get everything you want.  I know that sounds a bit rainbows and unicorns of me, but it's how I roll.  

Do you have any birthday traditions?  Do you get to pick dinner on your birthday?  Do you get to pick a cake?  In my house, the Birthday Fairy comes (delivers balloons and decorates house) and we have birthday cake for breakfast.  There is also the "Birthday Box".  It's just a Ninja Turtles box that gets filled with gifts.  That's what our family does.

Growing up, I always got a big jar of olives and a bag of dried apricots.  Those are fave things of mine and my mom always wrapped some up for my birthday each year.  My cake every year was confetti angel food with pink frosting.  My mom passed away almost 21 years ago, so that really doesn't happen anymore.  Last year, my friend Michelle recreated this on my birthday and it was the sweetest thing.  

Tell me about your birthday!  Do you have any traditions?

No comments:

Post a Comment